Top Seven Tracks :: The Lumineers

Where do I even begin? This band is responsible for my all time favorite song, the best night of my life, and almost everything in between. I first heard "Ho Hey" the summer before last in my sister's Jeep on one of the many drives to the pool. The song didn't take off until months later, but we listened to it nonstop for weeks on end that summer. The album soon became the background music of our lives. It was on all the time, but I never even bothered to learn the names of any of the songs. It was just there.
{source}
That Christmas, my sister opened an enveloped holding a ticket to their show. She was so excited she started crying, bursting with emotions. We all laughed at her, obviously. But when I opened up my envelope a few minutes later, I was taken aback...and unsurprisingly, I cried as well. It was a very happy Christmas morning. 

Friday, February 1, 2013: I changed in the school bathroom, ran to the car, and we dashed to the train without a second to spare. We ate Mexican food on my sister's couch, searched for a cab for no less than 20 minutes, and finally ended up at Terminal 5. We stood downstairs, outlying the massive crowd, for the beginning of the opening act. Eventually we found a spot on a railing upstairs and had the times of our lives singing and dancing to all the songs. We shuffled ourselves outside just as the encore was beginning, and my sisters practically pulled me through the crowds as my eyes were glued on stage. I happen to really like live music.
I finally made the long awaited effort to buy the entire album and match songs to their names. I felt a crazy kind of connection to the music after seeing it live. My sister always says it feels like the band members could be her people, her friends. I tend to find that nonsense a little silly, but after spending a night with them in the flesh, I totally get it. "Stubborn Love" became and will probably remain my favorite song, we learned "Slow It Down" is about an EZ Pass, and the acoustic performance of "Ho Hey" was unforgettable. I'm determined to see them live again. That concert was the best night of my life.

Here's my top seven tracks:
one | "Stubborn Love"
two | "Ho Hey"
three | "Slow It Down"
four | "Submarines"
five | "Classy Girls"
six | "Big Parade"
seven | "Charlie Boy"

What's your all time favorite song?
xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio