Currently Obsessed : Sunglasses

I think it's important to be able to understand yourself. Yes? No? Yes. Sometimes we have to have one of those bad-90's-sitcom moments where our soul exits our bodies and we watch what we're doing from a third person perspective. I've been doing this exercise a lot recently, and the number one thing I've noticed about myself? I'm a total sunglasses junkie. Literally obsessed. Shop some of my favorites below!

My personal sunglasses journey goes as follows:

May 2013: It's time. I need a pair of big girl sunglasses. A jaunt to the mall with my BFFs (eighth grade!!) and massive Ray-Ban Aviators are purchased - a Confirmation gift, mind you.

February 2014: Stopping at Manchester, VT's outlet mall before heading home from a ski weekend. J.Crew Factory "club masters?!" I need them.

August 2014: A week spent in California was unbeatable. Last night, driving home from Newport Beach, I leave my sunglasses in my aunt's car. No biggie, I'll grab them before our flight tomorrow. Never grabbed them. Made it back to JFK Aviator-less.

August 2014: Trying on dresses in the Lilly Pulitzer Madison Ave store. End of summer sale!! Left with a new dress in hand, but no sunglasses on my head. J.Crew Clubmasters were left in the dressing room.

September 2014: The last week of summer and I'm dying without sunglasses. My sister lends me her Alexander Wang shades. I live and die for them.

September 2014: She needs her sunglasses back - and my eyes are dying. Urban Outfitters gift card?! Ordering a new pair ASAP.

October 2014: After a #tbt featuring my original Aviators, my cousin comments that she has them and will be shipping them as soon as possible!

October 13th, 2014: My Aviators have yet to arrive in the mail. My Urban Outfitters shades? They'll do. But Karen Walkers are at the top of my Christmas list.

xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio