Good Things Come to Those Who...

If this doesn't make you want to get up and get ish done, well...

To be completely and utterly honest with you, I don't think I'm naturally a hard worker. For some reason, I just don't have it in me. Instead I just have to force it upon myself. Fake it till ya make it I guess? 

The concept isn't totally lost on me though. I at least want to be the girl who doesn't cut corners on her work, studies hard for even the things she thinks she already knows, and strives to make her dreams come true. And I definitely want to reap the benefits of those things. I think, that for a long time, I got by; I did cut corners, I didn't study, and I didn't even have dreams. But things are changing. I realize now that I can't make straight A's slacking. And I definitely won't be going anywhere in life if I throw this all away. (In general, though, I think that's just part of who I am..so I'm not always beating myself up over not studying a week in advance for my silly little vocab quiz)

Something that's dawned on me is that waiting is totally overrated. I'd much rather take things into my own hands, and drive the force inside of me. And like..that's happened within the past two months. Even my teachers have noticed. My grades are getting better every class, every quiz, every test. And in the end, that's all the motivation to not give up. None of it's coming easy, but it's all worth it. Putting effort into my work, working my {ass} off, is such a good feeling. Not always while you're doing it, but definitely when you see the end result.

Work hard for what you want, sometimes you end up waiting too long.

xx MGR

PS: Pardon my French, Mom (and Erin?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio