Health Kick

Spring break is around the corner and I'm changing my gears. So long, lazy winter days; hello, brisk outdoor runs (and much, much more!)

  The combination of a few things has really fueled my sudden health kick, and honestly, I'm not complaining. My lacrosse season is underway (psst...#9 on 14 for '14!), spring break is in one short week, and a new juice craze is taking my grade by storm.

Lacrosse, lacrosse, lacrosse. We're only two weeks in and it feels like it's taking over already. I have practice 4 times a week and don't get home until around 6:00. Due to the chilly temps still taking over NYC, we've been trapped inside for the majority of our practices - mostly working on toning and conditioning. I. Am. Sore. Practicing outside has been a breath of fresh air - literally. But also an intense workout! And to follow all this up, this upcoming Friday my team leaves for Florida for "spring training." Sounds legit, right? I'm just looking forward to warmer temps and less layers!

As all this was approaching, I found myself feeling quite motivated to be more conscious of what goes into my body and what I do with my body. I've cut back on the junk food and have been craving fresh fruits and veggies - crazy right? For me, yes! And as I was embracing this health kick, my grade seemed to embrace their own as well. Everyone is armed with a pressed juice every second of every day (it's like it's the current trend!). And while I'm a huge fan, who can justify $10 on some juice? Not me! I knocked off a juice recipe at home last weekend and it was amazing (#IMO).

So with some good eating habits in play and built in exercise 4 days a week, I'm feeling pretty good! I'm pulling myself out of this winter slump and channeling warm, sunny days.

Any other things I should consider? Are you embracing a health kick too?
xx MGR
PS: Shop CMK's workout gear picks here!

*photo via

1 comment:

  1. This has happened to me too recently. The warm weather is helping me a lot!
    xo
    Alex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio