Off to Rhode Island!

My summer getaways are few and far between - which, truly, is perfectly fine in my book. I am not a traveler and get as much R&R staying local as I do jetting off to faraway vacay spots. Over the past few summers, however, I've fallen in love with coastal Rhode Island and absolutely relish the time I spend there. The small, beach towns - complete with lust-worthy ice cream shops, tiny beach stores, and quite a cast of characters - give me a feeling of utter bliss. It's as simple as simple gets and I just about adore it. I'll be leaving tomorrow to spend a week up in my summer happy place.




Last summer, we nestled ourselves in a cozy beach bungalow in a plain-Jane beach town just between Watch Hill and Newport. Days would be spent on the beach, and afternoons and evenings in one of our neighboring towns - eating, shopping, and appreciating the ease of summer. I've fallen in love with Newport over the past few years. The shopping and the food are seriously noteworthy, not to mention the bustling streets and the breathtaking scenery (I love driving through the estate neighborhoods on the water..#swoon!). Watch Hill, however, exudes the small town vibes you crave during the summer. Complete with souvenir shops, A+ ice cream, and a hotel we cannot get enough of. The Ocean House is, hands down, one of my favorite places on earth. A dreamy shade of yellow and a picturesque croquet court are icing on the cake. The restaurant here is to-die-for! Possibly a more in-depth post on the hotel coming up soon! (;

I hope to update TLE live from RI, and will definitely be Instagramming a whole ton. Stay tuned!

What's your favorite summer getaway?
xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio