4 Books You Need to Read This Summer

I am here in the wonderful state of Kansas! It is beautiful out and I am dying to get some color. If you all did not know, I am quite the reader. I can't fall asleep without reading a chapter..or two. Over the past 5 months I have read over 15 books, which is pretty good for a kid my age. I thought I would share some of my favorite reads with you all. 



I love reading people's personal stories and adventures because they are just so interesting to hear. I read this about 4 months ago and still am thinking about what I learned while reading it. Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek is about a girl growing up in the slums of Texas who is about to take on a unique social experiment based off the words of Betty Cornell. Maya shares the highs and lows of this procedure. This book makes you redefine the word popular and what it means to you. Maya did a wonderful job, considering she was in 8th grade, and it's a fascinating biography.

2 // Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple

This book is phenomenal. It is full of mystery, suspense, laughs, and even some tears. It is about a daughter who is trying to find her mother, a retired architect named Bernadette, who suddenly disappears. Bee, Bernadette's daughter, puts emails, letters, and articles to try and find where Bernadette went. It is a relatable book because it takes place in modern day and deals with issues every family faces. It is the kind of book that will keep you up ll night because you just want to know what happens next. It is one of my top 20 favorite books at the moment.

3 // Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

I'm a sucker for sappy romance stories, but then again I am a teenager. This book is about two teens who fall in love, but face the struggles of bullying, abusive parents, and poverty. It is a great read and is full of wonderful messages, which have helped me personally. The factor that makes this book different from every romance novel is that these teens aren't super popular or pretty, but they are just two kids. Highly recommend this if you are looking for a unique book to read.

4 // Bossypants by Tina Fey

I saved the best for last... I read this book recently on a plane ride. It is the funniest book I've ever read. Tina Fey is a hoot! I'm pretty sure the people thought I was crazy because I would start laughing out loud every 2 minutes. The book is all about Tina Fey's road to success and her experiences with SNL and 30 Rock. I was inspired to read this after finishing season five of 30 Rock, which I recommend you all watch too (it's on Netflix). I highly suggest that to read by the pool or beach this summer.

What books do you recommend? (Share! I'm having a readers block.)
xx, CMK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio