Back to School 101

School is not my favorite topic of conversation (and the reason there wasn't a post yesterday..sorry!). I've been avoiding it like the plague since June 9th. Summer reading? Nah. School supplies? Nah. New polos for my uniform? Nah. But I think the cat's out of the bag. I start in 2 weeks, and I know a lot of other people have already made the transition. So maybe we should just knock out some thoughts in one post before we get back to more enjoyable content (ie: fall fashion!).
+ START OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT.
Be the best you you've ever been when you start back at school. Make goals (stop procrastinating!, go to bed early, study hard), and try your damnedest to follow through with them in those first few weeks. If you get yourself into a groove right off the bat, it'll make the rest of the year a whole lot easier.

+ DO NOT PROCRASTINATE YOUR WORK.
Sick of people hammering this concept into your head? Then think of it like this: get ahead of your work. New idea, same benefits. Yeah, free periods are fun for sleeping and playing games on your iPad, but spending them doing work does actually pay off. Mind blowing, I know. But I promise, if you start doing this, it will turn into a habit. And you can say goodbye to stressful night-before-it's-due disasters (for the most part).

+ FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.
Especially during the beginning of the year. Find the best pens, the best study methods, the best homework spot. It will make the transition from vacation to school a little bit easier. I know what works for me, and it gets me (just a tiny bit) excited about all the tough stuff. Studying in my bed clad in a huge sweatshirt chowing down on a bowl of steamy pasta with a jamming playlist in the background? Does not - 100% seriously - sound so bad.

+ PAMPER YOURSELF.
High school is hard. No one seems to mention that part? And no one ever seems to tell you its okay to do something for yourself every once in awhile? Every Sunday night (during the school year) I love to take a long hot shower, watch some reality TV, and put my Biore face strips to action. I promise, it makes Monday so much better. And finals week? After you study your face off every afternoon, treat yourself to something!

+ PRIORITIZE.
Some weeks are tougher than others. I think that fact is true in life in general, but at school especially. Monday could turn into Friday effortlessly one week, and the next, you could be assigned two major projects, have a really big game, your mom's birthday, and the most important test of the year. Prioritizing is a skill that happens naturally with time, but it's an important one. You need to learn what needs the most of your attention, what can spare, and how to work out the in betweens.

There it is. The top five most important things I could share with you all. School supplies and organization is fun, but this stuff covers it all. Mastering these five things will make the school year go by without a hitch (sitting and hoping and praying that's actually true).

What's your biggest tip or trick when it comes to school?
xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio