At Home Blemish Cure-All

It's time, ladies .. Time to confess our skincare sins, and time to receive our deserved penance. My sin? I'm a picker. It's probably my least-liked quality about myself; I know full well how disgusting it is. And when an innocent little in-between-the-eyebrows zit turned into a massive red in-between-the-eyebrows crater, my sister did some research. A lazy, boring Sunday afternoon - let's put some stuff on my face.
There was more research done behind this, I promise. My sister actually thought I had been putting too much on my face. So we needed something gentle, healing, and cleansing. Raw, all natural honey fit the bill. And we had a full jar sitting on the kitchen countertop.
What you need:
- raw honey, heated
- cotton pads
- q-tips [optional]

What to do:
1. Wash face using everyday cleanser.
2. Microwave a spoonful of raw, all natural, local grown [if possible] for about 30 seconds. Let cool for a few minutes, until it reaches a thick, but still liquid, consistency.
3. Using a q-tip or your clean fingers, apply a thick layer of honey to blemish. Place a cotton pad on top of honey. I just use the cotton pad in its original shape and size, but you could cut it into smaller, more usable shapes and sizes.
4. Leave honey on from anywhere between 20 minutes and eight hours [overnight!]. Remove by taking off cotton pad and using a wet cotton pad to wipe off excess honey.
The results are as good as you could possibly get. My blemish was dry, itchy [probably due to a minor bacterial infection], and over simulated. Upon washing off the honey, redness had notably decreased, itchiness was gone, and the dry, flaky skin had vanished.

I cannot stress how important it is to take the word organic to the next level when picking out your [face] honey. Pure, raw, locally grown, organic. This stuff is getting personal with you on a whole new level, and the honey that comes from the squeeze bottle shaped like a baby bear will not cut it. Channel your inner white girl and take a trip down to Whole Foods. 

Maybe even buy a green juice while you're at it.

xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio