THOUGHTS ON OVERALLS? + MY FAVORITE OPTIONS

I don't even know, man. Well, I mean, I guess I kind of know.

I know that back in the day, seeing my mother in a pair of overalls signaled a new baby on the way. I know that directly following her overalls, were my overalls. From the ages of nothing to four, they were all I knew. I know that after growing out of my toddler phase, I, for the next 10 years, only regarded them as children's clothes. I also know that last summer I walked into Ann Taylor LOFT, scoffed at my sister's lame jeans and my mom's even lamer trousers, and walked out of the dressing room in the flyest pair of overalls you ever did see. I know my sister reminded me it was 2014, and therefore, I could not buy said-overalls. Lastly, I know, that they have been on my mind lately, and I can't get 'em out.

I didn't know, until like, idk, two weeks ago, that they are now referred to as dungarees. They are now sported by the trendiest of trendsetters. They are now light wash, dark wash, and everything in between. They now come in skin tight styles, baggier than an actual bag styles, and cut-off styles. They are now [ again ] socially accepted.

Now that we do actually know all the facts, I still do not know how I feel about them.

How does one utilize a public restroom in a pair of skin tight, dark wash dungarees? How does one avoid looking like she came right out of a 1990's *NSYNC poster? Does she do it by wearing a pair of skin tight, dark wash dungarees? But then, may I ask, HOW DOES SHE UTILIZE A PUBLIC RESTROOM?!

Maybe this, like the romper, is an instance in which we forego all public-restroom-dignity for the sake of fashion. For the sake of fashion, we will strip down to our knickers, and with shaking legs [ for fear of someone breaking the barrier between us and the outside world ], squat over a public toilet, while our skin tight, dark wash dungarees pool around our ankles, and grace the floor of this seemingly-skeevy restroom? Are you willing to do that? Am I?!

But they look hella cute, that's for sure.
I still can't decide if I would lose it [ it : my peeing-in-public dignity ] for an all-encompassing piece of denim. But honestly, I'm swooning over these photos. Here's an idea: I could just be Alexa Chung, and then I could wear whatever and do whatever I want, with no concerns of bathroom -- public or private -- dignity whatsoever.

Yep. That's it. Here's a bunch of options for when I make my transition [ help me pick which pair to wear on my tell-all interview with Diane Sawyer .. (; ].
Shop to it [ and throw up a big fat middle finger to my sister who proclaimed overalls are a no in the modern day ]! And don't be afraid to share your thoughts on this peculiar article of clothing .. I'd love to hear!
xx MGR

photos: 12345678

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio