FOLLOW ALONG WITH MY NEW BEDROOM

I could talk [ write ] for hours about my room. Why I love it, why I hate it, what's old, what's new, what's needed, what absolutely needs to go. I could talk [ write ] for hours about the room I'll be moving into. What I want it to look like, what I want it to function as, what I want to do with it. I, to save you time and not force you into a perpetual state of boredom, will do the latter rather than the former.
Here's some before shots. My sister and I successfully painted half the room two months ago. The painters are on their way to finish our work. (; Once it's painted, I'll move in!

So far, I have the essentials. We [ thank Jesus, Mary, and Joseph ] found a headboard at Home Goods yesterday for $150 [ mind. boggling. ]. It's bamboo and I'm considering painting it a high-gloss navy. I also have a small brass side table, similar to the one below, except lacking a top and probably in need of a fresh coat of paint. I think this navy one would be it's perfect complement and I hope to scoop it up soon. I'll be using my current dresser [white, Ikea, assorted Anthropologie knobs], desk [white, parsons], and desk chair [lucite, blue monogram].
headboard | euro shams | pillows 1, 2, 3

The appearance of my bed is essential to my happiness. My pintuck duvet cover, a la West Elm, holds my heart, and I'm considering the matching Euro shams. To counter the stark white, I dream of colorful pillows. Actual, genuine dreams. I haven't been able to find just the right one to use as a jumping off point, until I found that center-placed gem on Etsy last night. It turned the direction of the room towards Chinese motifs, bamboo and pagodas, blues, oranges, and greens. I am, without a doubt, perfectly okay with that. But we'll just see where it all ends up...

I hope to make some more progress over the next few weeks to share with you all! LMK [as my mom would say] if you have any resources or recs, I'd love to hear!
xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio