THOUGHTS DURING A JUICE CLENSE + ADVICE

So my mother finally convinced me to do a 2-day juice cleanse with her and here is the story behind this adventure...
Plan: Do 2 days of drinking 6 juices, chewing lots of orbit gum, and drinking lots and lots of water.

Background: My mother has been doing the 3 day juice cleanse from Blue Print about every 6 months since 2010. I've had sips of the "green juice" or the "spicy lemonade juice". I have, also, gone on multiple runs to the city to pick them up that were usually followed by my mothers last supper, which is frozen yogurt from Tasti-D-Lite. After my surgery, I felt disgusting and out of sorts. My knee was getting rid of toxins and I could only go on the bike for 15 minutes at a time. My mom wanted to go on a cleanse since she too was feeling gross and I decided to try it out with her. Knowing my very weak will power, we split a 5 day pack of Foundation Cleanse. I started eliminating processed foods and caffeine the Friday before so I wouldn't get major headaches or tummy troubles during the cleanse. The night before I prayed the the gods I could make it at least 24 hours until giving into food...

Monday May 25th, 2015

11 AM: I'm assuming that waking up with your stomach grumbling is not a good way to start off? Dang of course the day I can't eat food there are bagels in my house. First juice of the day is the green juice, well here goes nothing.... *taking a sip and suddenly gags at the taste* WHAT IS IN THIS!? Carefully reads over ingredients for a second time. I like all these foods, but why do they taste bad together, maybe it is the kale. I'll just wash it down with water. For the next thirty minutes, I take 1 sip of green juice for every glass of water. Thank goodness that is over, now what should I do today!

1PM: I think I've drank about 7 8oz. glasses of water in one sitting, which means I will be about a thirty gallons in about 20 minutes. I can no longer sit in the kitchen and do nothing because I will either want to a) eat anything b) drink a diet coke or c) bite my nails down to stubs due to boredom. I think I will finish that needle point I started.

3PM: 1 belt and 2 needle point keychains later, it is time for my 2nd juice. Cashew, vanilla, cinnamon doesn't sound too bad. Hmm tastes like cinnamon toast crunch. Chugs juice in about 5 minutes and wipes off the mustache that comes with it. I can do that again no problem. Guess I'll go back up to my room where there is nothing but water, gum, and needle pointing.

3:30 - 6PM: Don't go to a movie with anyone who is not on a cleanse. My mother and I decided to get out of food central and go see The Woman in Gold. Our mistake was bringing my popcorn loving brother with us. Temptation was sitting right next to us, but we resisted the urge and told him to leave halfway during the film since we could no longer tolerate the smell. I felt weak at this point although at this moment I'm pretty sure I heard Ryan Reynolds whisper, "You can do it Caroline". I had to stick with it because, duh Ryan Reynolds told me too. We were stayed faithful to our cleanse for the rest of the movie.

6PM: FYI The green juice doesn't get any better, even if it is your second one.

8PM: The past two hours have been spent needlepointing, doing math homework, and shopping as per usual. I head down for my final juice at the wrong time. It was dinner for the rest of my family, but I was having the lemonade juice, which according my mother is the best one. She was right! Sadly I devoured it in about a minute, which is upsetting because it took me thirty minutes to drink a green juice. Immediately after finishing, I head back up and pray that the next day will be easier.

10PM: Stomach Rumbling please stop doing that I'm trying to sleep here.

Tuesday May 25th, 2015

7:10AM: The only benefit of drinking a juice for breakfast is that I get to sleep in about 20 minutes. The downside is that everyone is eating breakfast, which includes cereal and apples. I decide to sit in the car for about twenty minutes till the family is ready to head out to school.

7:50AM-3PM: I decide to not bring a juice to school because I don't have anywhere to refrigerate them, so I will be surviving off of gum today. School was not as difficult and temptation is easy to avoid because you can sit in the library where, in my school, food and drinks are prohibited. I had to sneak in my water, but it was a good spot to chill during lunch and my free. 

3PM: The green juice still doesn't taste good and it still takes thirty minutes to drink.

4PM: Mhm the cashew milk juice is my second favorite out of the three and motivates me through the homework and studying of this evening.

6PM: The final green juice doesn't go very well, so I drink about half of it and then dump the rest in the sink, but it was my 5th one I drank over the two day course. So maybe the green juice was not my favorite, but it probably was the healthiest of the 3 drinks and probably flushed the most toxins out of my body. 

8PM: Only one more sleep till food and the final juice of the cleanse, which was the lemonade. I saved best for last and enjoyed my drink while watching an episode of Mad Men. The perfect way to end a day in my opinion. 

As I'm writing this, I'm in the final hour of the cleanse process, but here are some tips if you try to do a juice cleanse, which I totally recommend! 
                                                                                           
DO'S
- Stay busy and stay active throughout the day.
    
- Keep a bottle of water around and stay hydrated.

- Gum is great to replace the action of chewing actual food! Highly recommend chewing it when not drinking the juice.

- Drink your Green Juice! Multiple times I wanted to skip over it, but it is the best juice you drink in the cleanse and it will help your body the most during those 2 or 3 days.

  DONT'S
-  Don't sit and chill because you'll get bored and want to eat.

- Don't drink your juices around the same time as meals in your household because temptation is difficult to ignore.

- I regret doing the cleanse on a day I didn't have school because I found myself bored and hungry, while school kept me occupied. Don't do the cleanse during the weekend, but instead during the week.

- Don't do it alone! Do it with a friend or family member because not only do they feel your pain, but are there to motivate you when you feel weak.

The overall experience is something that I hope to do again because I felt very focused during school today and had lots of energy throughout the day. Next time I hope to do it maybe three days, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday? I have reached my goal, which was being able to go 48 hours without food and drinking all the juices given in my pack. Again, Blue Print Cleanses are my moms favorite so that is the only one I know of, but if you know of any other good ones please comment below.
Have you ever done a juice cleanse and what did you think of it? Would you do one? 
xx,
CMK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio