Interiors.

I didn't know what to name this post (pst..when in doubt, look to Pinterest). Maybe because I came into it with such a broad goal: to share what I like when it comes to living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, and all the corners and hallways in between.

I find interior decorating to be insanely fascinating (is that odd?). It's something that can be so overwhelming. Unlike an outfit, there's tons of elements. There's only so many roles to fill in an outfit..bottoms, a top, shoes, and accessories. But in a room - a blank, open box - you can do so much more. There's layers, you can built on top of things. And aside from just the design, there's functionality. And spacial limitations. And little things like having outlets in the right places. But somehow all the great interior designers (and regular John's and Jane's with a particular knack for this kinda thing) out there pull all of these elements together to create a cohesive design for not only one room, but sometimes an entire house. Is anybody else completely daunted by this idea?

I've been trying to pull my room together, to make it work, for a couple years..tying all these odds and ends into a sweet little package isn't as easy as it sounds. So, as of right now, my interior design career ain't going anywhere..and for the time being I'm going to stick to Pinterest to compile all the wonderful things I love about this craft. And I guess it's my duty to share those things with you!

I'm scrolling through my Pinterest board and I'm noticing a lot of blue. I think I consider blue a neutral, and that's why my eye is always drawn to it.
{source}
{source}
{source}
I think I also have a thing for gallery/inspiration walls...
{source}
{source}
{source}
Also, I'm not sure if you've caught on yet..but I have a slight obsession with a good Parson's desk.
{source}
{source}
My own!
If you look through my board, you'll probably notice a lot of trends. Monograms, gold, elephants, patterns, acrylic... I could go on for days just sharing all the things I love! Give us a hoot if there's anything in specific you'd like to read a post on!

xx
MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio