2014 Memory Jar

I've found myself very into the New Year's "thing." 2013 was a really good year for me, and I hold every memory I have close to my heart. I took tons of photos and just a glance at one reminds me of exactly what happened that day. I really appreciate all those memories and my ability to look back on them. I decided I wanted to start a memory jar for the new year to have a written record of when, what, who, where, etc. I write down even the smallest things, just in hopes to hold onto the smallest memories. I dumped out the jar a few days ago with my friend to look back on the first month of 2014!

The jar itself is such a fun piece to have on my desk! I find it really charming - gingham bows and a handwritten label (in pencil, obviously).
I sit down every couple days and record anything from "reached 9k on Tumblr!" to "watched Jeopardy w/ the bro." Better safe than sorry is my policy on this matter - might as well write down even the tiniest little things than write down nothing. Those small anecdotes can jog a lot of other memories - 7 days, 3 months, or a year later.

It's not too late to start a 2014 memory jar - will you?
xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio