Fool Proof Plan for Silky Soft Legs

Being a private school goer, and therefore a uniform wearer, and therefore an avid skirt don-er, I can promise you how good it feels to have soft legs. As we slowly ease into spring, cumbersome leggings or tights are simply cringeworthy...and so, there is no way to get around shaving. It is quite the to-do, I will admit, and something I put off for as long as I possibly can, but when I put in the time to whip my legs into shape, it feels absolutely fabulous. I have developed an entirely gruesome set of steps and products that, in the end, turn out to be totally worth it.
STEP ONE:
I start out by exfoliating. The idea of brushing away dead skin was totally reinvented when I discovered my mother's Kiehl's body polish. I rub it into a wet wash cloth, work it into a lather, and the stuff magically manages to turn my day around. It's not too harsh, but gets the job done. Not to mention it smells absolutely exquisite!

STEP TWO:
Oh the dreaded task of shaving! Does anyone else get halfway through and decide they're totally over it? I try to keep it as simple as possible with this Schick razor. It offers enough moisture to not even need another component. When I'm feeling up to it, I'll use it in addition to my Aveeno shave gel. It lathers nicely and definitely moisturizes. Not totally necessary, but sometimes a fun perk!

STEP THREE:
I think this is my favorite part, and probably the most unexpected. I get totally back-to-basics and put some Johnson's baby oil to use. This kind is equipped with aloe and vitamin e, which make it even more spectacular. I just barely pat my legs dry before I apply this; it's supposed to lock in moisture, so you have to leave it some moisture to, in fact, lock in. Note: this stuff is simply amazing to have around at all times. It's my go-to post-sunburn (aloe!).

STEP FOUR:
I've gone through all this trouble, and by this point I'm probably exhausted. If I really do find it necessary, I'll top it off with some good old moisturizer. I've always used Jergens moisturizer - it's simple and gets the job done. Of course we're all striving for that perfect sunkissed glow, and when that's in mind, I reach for the Jergens Natural Glow. If I'm in a pinch and need an immediate bronze, I'll use Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs. I, being equal parts spazzy and messy, am totally mortified by self tanner. This product, however, is extremely user friendly and still manages to get the job done. My palms didn't even turn orange!

Ta-da! Crawl into your crisp, clean sheets and bask in the wonderfulness of silky legs. It really is one of the best feelings, ever.

What are your go-to products for soft legs?
xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio