Governor's Ball NYC

Governor's Ball is a 3 day music festival held on Randall's Island in NYC. The festival hosts tons of well known bands and artists, along with quite a few food trucks / stalls, vendors, and activities. 3 day tickets go on sale over the winter. Knowing myself, I couldn't commit to 3 days of nonstop concerts. I waited for weeks for the schedule to be released...When I saw that two of my favorite bands were performing on the same day, I snatched up a ticket without hesitation.
My friends and I went on Sunday, the third and final day of the festival. I knew I had to go on Sunday so I could see The Head and the Heart and Vampire Weekend perform. I also had tons of fun seeing Foster the People and Tyler the Creator. The vibes all day were amazing and it was practically impossible to feel bored, or tired, or bland. The energy was free flowing and in ample supply. My friends got the coolest neon face paint, we waited probably too long on a line for French fries, and I kind of regret not buying a flower crown.

I had way too much fun picking out an outfit for Gov Ball. I ended up sporting J Brand shorts, the comfiest Brandy Melville tank and bandeau, and my favorite Vans. I even went for a middle part - totally out of my comfort zone. It was such a fun opportunity to step into a whole new fashion realm.

Did you go to Gov Ball this year? Anyone planning on attending next year? Let me know!

xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio