5 Things I'm Obsessed with Lately

Let's chat! Not late lunch at our fave restaurant in our new cool outfit chat. I'm talking lying on my bedroom floor wearing our favorite sweatshirts and getting sore jaws from all the gasping and giggling chat. Yeah, that kind of chat. Go put on your favorite sweatshirt and camp out on the floor before proceeding. It'll make it so much better.
one | Something about the end of the summer and the beginning of the school year - surprisingly - drove an urge within me to start a new show on Netflix. I landed on Mad Men. And I've been addicted ever since. 1960's housewives and business men combined with a little bit of mystery and a whole lot of John Hamm. And because I'm a "fashion blogger," we can also say I love the clothes. Which I do. A little bit. No. A lot. More than a lot.

two | NYFW really sparked my love for Man Repeller. Love, obsession, infatuation, admiration. Because we already established that this little chat is going to a deep, personal place, I'm going to tell you that writing for Man Repeller would kind of be my dream job. No, not kind of. It would be my dream job. It is my dream job. I spend more time at school reading Man Repeller than I do on anything else. And I probably get weird looks from the girl behind me wondering why I'm flipping through photos of an weird lady wearing an even weirder outfit posing awkwardly on the streets of New York City. But I love it. So I probably won't stop. No, I won't stop. Very noncommittal today, my apologies.

three | Google News is an amazing invention. When I'm not reading Man Repeller, I'm probably scrolling through Google News. Choosing carefully which articles to read and which articles to stay away from for the rest of eternity (ie: anything about Ebola). But even still, scrolling Google News makes it easier to pretend you know what's going on in the world. Probably because you do, even just a little bit, know what's going on in the world. Pat yourself on the back, you cultural citizen of the worldly world you inhabit.

four | So I went to a Lorde concert a few weeks ago. It was a Sunday, it was way down town, it was outside, I hated my outfit. All in all, I was dreading the two hours I was about to spend in a hoard of screaming 20-something's, all most likely under the influence of something. It, somehow beyond my comprehension, turned out to be one of the most amazing nights ever. And I've been listening to Lorde nonstop ever since. Literally, nonstop. If you follow me on Spotify (I don't know why you would, but if you must...) you'll see how much I'm not lying. But really, she's kind of amazing. And she wrote (spoke) a kind of amazing love letter to Manhattan during the performance. And it kind of made me love her even more. But just kind of.

five | My bed is the one and only thing I'm living for lately. And I'm not saying this to be all trendy-Tumblr-depressed. I'm saying that my bed makes all the hard work pay off. My bed is like the piece of bacon hanging from a string in front of the treadmill. For my sister, it's a new bag. For my brother, it's Monday night football at the bar with his buds. And for me, right now at this very minuscule time period of my life, it's my bed. I promise my bed will eventually morph into a gorgeous pair of Chanel flats dangling in front of the treadmill. Eventually, but not yet. Maybe once I finish Mad Men.

That got deep. And I'm so happy about it. A little chat with your gal pals is important, and this was ours. Continue the conversation down in the comments - what are you obsessed with lately? Any of the same things as me?!

xx MGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio