Top Seven Tracks :: Ben Howard

Follow us on Tumblr? Then you're probably not surprised to see this post. I've been raving about Ben Howard nonstop since last January - crazy how it's already been a year! 

Remember in the first Top Seven Tracks post where I mentioned mostly all of my favorite bands are first introduced to me in my sister's Jeep? Ben Howard's one of them! She played me "Only Love" on repeat on a drive to The Home Depot and by the 3rd time it played, I was jamming to the steady beat and simple lyrics.
I was an all encompassing fangirl at one point last year. I watched interviews upon interviews and never turned the album off..I followed all the Tumblrs I could find and even broke the news to my mother that we were getting married (eep, isn't he cute? In that carefree surfer kinda way). I could not get enough. This music got me through midterms last year...it's the best for studying. And I always associate it with the super long dog walks I went on last winter and spring..he was always in my headphones. I loved watching videos of him perform live. The music only gets better!
Eventually after enough raving via Tumblr text posts, someone sent me the link to his acoustic performance of "Call Me Maybe." O-M-G. I listened to this on repeat for weeks. Is it not the best thing ever? He somehow managed to turn a song I hated into a song I adored. Talk about crazy.

I find his music to be insanely beautiful. It's perfect across the board. In these 12 months, I've never totally turned it off, it's always been on some playlist somewhere..but lately I find myself gravitating towards it more and more. I think it's that perfect winter soundtrack. It's not the brightest and happiest, but it's still insanely beautiful. 

Here's my top seven tracks:
one :: "Only Love"
two :: "Old Pine"
three :: "Black Flies"
four :: "Gracious"
five :: "Keep Your Head Up"
six :: "The Wolves"
seven :: "The Fear"

Are you a fan of less-cheery music? Or is that just me?
xx MGR

*photo via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio