#EdSheeranMSG

My main man girl surprised me with Ed Sheeran tickets on Halloween. I had been dying to go to one of his MSG concerts since they were announced over the summer, so to say I was excited is an understatement. You may recall this post that is my ultimate concert bucket list. Number 5 can officially be crossed off my list!





Rather than tell you about my hectic, to say the least, day...I think I should simply commend this insanely talented man.

His concerts are 100% live. While to people like me that should be a given for a concert, nowadays, for pop artists, I think it's pretty rare. Most pop music is more about the performance than the actually music. But Ed Sheeran's different. Several times throughout the show he literally makes the crowd shut up when he sings quieter songs. And this totally blew my mind away: he practically records and produces songs on stage using this crazy-foot-pedal-loop-thing (the technical term, obviously). Here's an awesome video where you can see him using it.

"The Parting Glass" is a song so near and dear to my heart. It's an Irish folk song he describes as one you sing with your glasses up at 4 am in the pub, right before everyone goes home (which he rightfully performs at the end of the show). I listened to the High Kings' version of it a lot in 6th grade, after my grandfather had passed away. And when he told the crowd to shut the (duck) up so he could sing it, my heart dropped. I recorded the whole thing and have played it back like 18 times since.

I loved everything about this concert:
- His Terminal 5 tshirt (where I saw The Lumineers. #yes)
- The special guest, Foy Vance, and their song "Guiding Light"
- 20 minute, literally, performance of "You Need Me, I Don't Need You"
- The story behind "Give Me Love"
- Rizzle Kicks, the opening act
- When he used his guitar as a drum
- Our awesome seats!

Hands down one of the best nights of my life. A huge thank you to my bff for taking me! And Ed Sheeran for being an awesome musician.

Who do you want to see next in concert?!

xx MRG

PS: He made me realize how badly I want to see Ben Howard live. I'm on a hunt for some tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kelly christine studio